Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. - Daniel 9:3
I am delighted to be a "guest blogger" on the Pastor's Blog! As we move forward in the 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer, for those in the church doing the Daniel Fast, I have a special recipe that doesn't slack on the "rules" nor does it scrimp on health or taste!
DANIEL FAST-FRIENDLY LASAGNA
Garfield isn't the only lasagna-lover. I LOVE lasagna, so when I found a healthy substitute, I was excited to try it.
Whole Wheat Lasagne Noodles
Alessi All Natural Pasta Sauce (I got it at Kroger)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Sliced Eggplant, Zucchini, and/or Squash
*Preheat oven to 375'
1. Boil the lasagne noodles as directed and set aside to dry before layering.
2. Use the olive oil to coat baking dish.
3. Simmer vegetables (except Spinach) in olive oil and season with sea salt to taste
4. Pour a layer of sauce at the bottom of the pan, then place lasagne noodles as the next layer.
5. Add fresh spinach leaves to the next layer, then add noodles and sauce.
6. Add hummus as layer. Add vegetables and sprinkle with uncooked quinoa.
7. Continue in whatever pattern you wish!
9. Top off with spinach leaves and sauce.
10. Bake at 375' for 25-30 minutes.